January was a very productive month in the decluttering and organizing area. I am so happy that I have been able to cross some things off my household project list -- it means that I am that many steps closer to crossing that goal off this list! Overall I'm very pleased with my progress for only one month in. Here's how things went goal-wise this month...
- Lose 20 lbs (about 1.5 lbs a month) - I have lost zero pounds so far. I'm okay with this since I am only 1 month in.
- Exercise 292 days - In January I exercised 20 out of 31 days. I'd say that I am off to an amazing start for not exercising very much in the past. I also did not start working on this goal until the 5th, so that was 4 days right there that I didn't exercise. I usually ride my exercise bike and do some stretches while Howard is napping, and then I can also grab a quick shower before he wakes up. There are days when I am very sore, but there are also days when I feel amazing. The amazing days are what keep me going and make this en-devour feel worthwhile!
- Drink at least 70 oz of water everyday - I do great with this the days that I work. The days when I am at home all day find me drinking more hot tea than usual. I am hoping that I can do better with this goal in February.
- Coupon and deal shop to stick to my $350/month budget - I shared my budget update for January here. If you click over, you can see all of the great things I was able to stock-up on while still staying under budget! We did a freezer/pantry challenge in January, so the only purchases I had to make were things to round out our meals, or make something into a meal. This left me with a LOT of leeway to stock-up on things at rock-bottom prices! Like diapers. And lotion. And vitamins. And, you get the picture.
- Earn at least 6 - $25 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks - I earned my first $25 Amazon gift card for 2016 this month. I really didn't think I be able to get another one so quickly; however, I have Joe on board now. He will ask if I've reached enough for my daily bonus when we go to bed at night, and if I haven't, he'll let the app run while we get ready for bed, and chat, and read. Little things like that really add up apparently.
- List at least 10 things per month online - In January I tested the waters of the Facebook selling groups. I listed bras, swim trunks, purses, chair cushions, and a few other things. All totaled I listed 31 items in January and sold 9 of them. Pretty good for a first go-round. In February I plan to list some sewing patterns on Ebay as well as some books on Amazon.
- Set up at 6 Flea Markets/Shows to sell our wares - We were suppose to set up at a Flea Market on the 30th, however, with all the snow the show has been postponed until February 20th. So, we will set up next month and get this goal started!
- Completely declutter the entire house - I made a LOT of progress on this goal in January. I usually start with the bedroom, move into the hall, then do the living room, bathroom, and kitchen, ending in the nursery/office. I do that room last because I know the other 5 won't be as involved, and I can get them done quickly. But then, by the time I get to the nursery/office, I have usually run out steam, or time. This year I decided to go backwards, kind of. I am putting my primary focus on the nursery/office, and working on the other areas as time allows. I can only work in the nursery/office in the mornings, because of Howard's daily afternoon nap (which I am ever so grateful for). This leaves nap-time for couponing, blogging, OR quiet decluttering. While I can't declutter my squeaky kitchen cabinets while he is sleeping, I can go through a basket or two in the living room or some dresser drawers in the bedroom. I think that this tactic is going to work well for me over the next couple months, and allow me to get this goal crossed off sooner. As for my progress, I have finished the nursery/office closet, desk area, and chest of drawers. I am also halfway through our bedroom, and the living room.
- Finish my 2016 project list - I have my project list update posted separately. However, I will share that I was able to cross off quite a few items, mostly decluttering, but I think it's best to get that out of the way before I start some of the larger projects. I also managed to do some painting during the blizzard!
- Post at least 3 times a week - I did amazingly well with this goal during January. I posted at least 3 times per week. All totaled I shared 17 posts in January, which averages to 4.25 a week!
- Do a 31 day series in October - Not there yet. I have been working on some ideas in my blogging journal though.
- Set up a Facebook page for my blog - Didn't happen in January, but I have this at the top of my list for February. It seems so simple, so I want it crossed off quick.
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Anything new or different you are trying this year?
Share some of your goals in the comments...