This Sunday we had our family over for a Mexican Fiesta, which included taco meat and shells, as well as chicken fajitas. Chicken fajitas are one of our favorite meals to serve, and eat, of course ;-) Not only are they delicious, but super simple, and rather healthy as well. Here's my non-recipe...
- Cube up desired amount of Chicken Breasts (I do one per person, that way I usually have leftovers).
- Saute chicken in a skillet with Olive Oil, and Fajita Seasoning (I use McCormick), until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Add Sliced Bell Peppers (whatever colors you like, about 1 medium per 2 medium breasts), and Sliced Onions (you can you red, white, or yellow, I use yellow, and also about 1 medium per 2 medium breasts). I add a little more seasoning and olive oil when I add in the veggies to make sure nothing sticks.
- Continue to saute on medium heat and stir frequently until the veggies have cooked down, and are softened.
- Serve hot with warmed tortillas, shredded lettuce and cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, and sliced avocados or guacamole. The topping combinations are half the fun!