March was a little crazy here in Maryland - we had some 70+ degree days, and we also had snow - go figure. The days when the weather was nice, I opened all the windows in the house to air it out, and then took Howard outside to play at various playgrounds nearby all day. He needed time outside, and so did I. I didn't get a whole slew of items accomplished in March. I did get quite a few things done on my household project list, and I also did well with my blogging goals! Other than that, I didn't really do much. But that's okay. I am so thankful for the nice weather we have had and time I've had off from work to spend with Howard. In April I go back to a more regular work schedule, which is nice, but I'm going to miss all the time I've been able to spend at home with Joe and Howard. Hopefully when they finishing hire a new tour guide here at the museum in April/May, I can go back to my 3-day-a-week schedule. So, anyway, here are how the rest of my goals are playing out so far this year...
- Lose 20 lbs (about 1.5 lbs a month) - So far I have lost 4 pounds. It isn't much, but it's something. I also went for some blood work this month. Since I have been having such a hard time losing weight, despite daily exercise and dieting, the doctor is leaning towards either a thyroid or hormone issue. I am hoping it is something simple that requires a pill, and then I can feel better and go about my day, but we'll see. She should have the results by the end of the month. If it's earth shattering, I'll share.
- Exercise 292 days - In March I exercised 29 out of 31 days. For a total of 73 for the year. I'm right on track with this goal! I feel great for the most part, a little sore, but great! I just wish I was losing more weight though.
- Drink at least 70 oz of water everyday - I did better with this in March. Still not quite up to 70 oz, but close. Most days I can get in around 48-56 oz, which is about 3-3 1/2 water bottles. I think part of my progress has to do with the warmer weather we have been having. Who wants to drink ice water when it's snowing? Not me, that's who. I much prefer hot tea. But, now that Spring is upon us, the sun is out, and the weather is heating up -- ice water, here I come!
- Coupon and deal shop to stick to my $350/month budget - I shared my budget update for March here. If you click over, you can see all of the great things I was able to stock-up on while still staying $22.69 under budget! This included $1.04 packages of diapers, Green Giant frozen vegetables, Eggo Waffles, dry shampoo, and a variety of other items.
- Earn at least 6 - $25 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks - I was able to earn my second $25 Amazon gift card this month! 2 Down, and 4 to go.
- List at least 10 things per month online or 120 for the year - January - Check (23), February - no check (0), March - I listed a lot of toddler boys clothes as well as an old desk on a Facebook selling group - check (43).
- Set up at 6 Flea Markets/Shows to sell our wares - Joe sat up at a tool show this month. He didn't sell a whole lot, but we did get rid of a few things. Total for the year = 2
- Completely declutter the entire house - I still have 2 areas left. I am waiting for a couple of other household projects to be done before I tackle these last two areas, but I am so excited to be this close to finishing!
- Finish my 2016 project list - I have my project list update posted separately. However, I will share that I was able to finish most of my decluttering, purchased some frames for DIY wall art, and finally cleaned out the chest freezer, along with a few other things. I shared some pictures of my progress here.
- Post at least 3 times a week - I posted at least 3 times per week again in March. All totaled I shared 16 posts in March, which averages to over 3 a week! I loved being able to share the Easter baskets I made for Joe and Howard, as well as how I made the gift tags.
- Do a 31 day series in October - Not there yet. I have been working on some ideas in my blogging journal though.
- Set up a Facebook page for my blog - Still not done. I looked into the process one night, and it was too much to do that close to bedtime. I plan to get this done one day in April during Howard's nap time.
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Anything new or different you are trying this year?
Share some of your goals in the comments...