In honor of 4th of July, and all of the picnics people will be having to celebrate our independence day, I thought I would share a super easy dip recipe with you all. I've been making this dip for over a decade, and it is always what I am requested to bring to family get-togethers, well, and cookies :) Here's the low-down...
1. Layer 1 can Refried Beans into your dish.
(You can use a pie plate, a Tupperware, or a baking pan, they all work just fine)
2. Top beans with a layer of Sour Cream.
3. Top Sour Cream with a layer of Salsa.
(I like ALDI's, but I've used homemade as well.)
4. Top salsa with a layer of shredded lettuce.
5. Top Lettuce with shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend, but cheddar is tasty too.) I wait and add some diced onions to the top, and only on 1 half, that way people can see where they are if they don't like them.
And, it's that easy! Serve with some tortilla chips, and you are good to go!