Going along with last week's taco salad, I thought I would share my version of nachos. The unhealthy to my healthy if you will. Anyway, they are just as simple as the taco salad, and they take a lot of the same ingredients. These nachos are another one of my husband's favorite meals. We eat them about once a month, and definitely on Super Bowl Sunday! Here's how it goes down...
- Taco Beef/Chicken
- Shredded Cheese (I like mild cheddar)
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips and Doritos
- Jalapenos and Sliced Black Olives
- Beans (if you desire, I like to add extra pintos to my half, re-fried would be okay too)
- Add a layer or Tortilla/Doritos Chips to your baking dish (I mix the two together).
- Top with a layer of meat (and beans if using).
- Top with a layer of cheese.
- Repeat all three layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Add your favorite toppings (I like just salsa and Sour Cream on mine, Joe likes jalapenos and olives on his as well, and you can't go wrong with a little guacamole). Dig in, and try to be good and share with others. :)