May was even more crazy than April - we had our first two events of the year at the museum, I worked a tea, and there have been S-O M-A-N-Y school tours. Plus Joe's mom went on vacation for a week so we had Pap-babysitting duty. We are still down a docent at work, so I am pulling double-time, Joe and I both had doctors appointments, and Howard has so much energy - if I could just bottle some of it! So, needless to say, we have been busy. June should be a slower month tour-wise, and there should be a new docent hired, which means I should have more down-time! YAY!! With all that being said, I didn't get a whole slew of things accomplished in May. I am hoping for a more productive June, but, for now, here is how things progressed in May...
- Lose 20 lbs (about 1.5 lbs a month) - I have lost 11 1/2 pounds! I have been scouring sales ads and the thrift stores for new clothes. Even though I haven't lost much, I must have lost inches as well, because a LOT of my clothes are baggy enough they look bad on me. I am trying to stick with staple pieces from the thrift stores because I know that I will need to buy new clothing again before my weight-loss journey is done.
- Exercise 292 days - In May I exercised 26 out of 31 days. For a total of 123 for the year. I'm right on track with this goal! I feel great! I am so much stronger and more limber than I was when I started in January. I have decreased hip and back pain, and my feet are actually starting to feel better as well - which is a weird side-effect, but I'll take it!
- Drink at least 70 oz of water everyday - I did so much better with this goal in May. I probably reached this goal 20 out of the 31 days.
- Coupon and deal shop to stick to my $350/month budget - I shared my budget update for May here. If you click over, you can see all of the great things I was able to stock-up on while still staying $123.89 under budget! This included tons of fresh produce, frozen meals, shampoo, meats, and a variety of other items.
- Earn at least 6 - $25 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks - No gift card again this month, which puts me behind one. I am hoping that I can make up for this in June. 2 Down, and 4 to go.
- List at least 10 things per month online or 120 for the year - I didn't list anything online in May, but I am still on track to reach the 120 items for the year. I am hoping to list a few books and some sewing patterns online in June. January - Check (23), February - no check (0), March - Check (43), April - no check (1), May -no check (0)
- Set up at 6 Flea Markets/Shows to sell our wares - No shows this month. Joe decided not to set up at the one we had planned to do this month. I am hoping we will be able to find an additional one to do later on to make up for this one. Total for the year = 2
- Completely declutter the entire house - I am almost done the bookcase - I'm just waiting for Joe to go through a basket of his stuff. Then it's onto the cedar chest.
- Finish my 2016 project list - I have my project list update posted separately. However, I will share that I was able to get quite a few new-to-us toys washed, had some pictures printed, and I was able to make a dent in a few other things on my list.
- Post at least 3 times a week - I posted at least 3 times per week again in May. All totaled I shared 13 posts in May, which averages to over 3 a week! I enjoyed being able to share my ideas for frugal toddler birthday gifts with you all!
- Do a 31 day series in October - Not there yet. I have been working on some ideas in my blogging journal though.
- Set up a Facebook page for my blog - Still not done. I looked into the process one night, and it was too much to do that close to bedtime. I plan to get this done one day in June during Howard's nap time.
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Anything new or different you are trying this year?
Share some of your goals in the comments...