Pot Roast is a delicious and simple meal that only requires a few minutes of prep before it cooks slowly all day in the crock-pot and is ready and waiting for you when you get home from work. Here's how I do Pot Roast...
- I like to put my potatoes and carrots underneath my roast, so all those good meat drippings get on them. So first I wash, peel, and dice my potatoes and carrots, and add them to the crock-pot.
- After your roast is thawed, salt and pepper it on both sides, and brown it on both sides in a little oil. Then add your roast on top of your vegetables in the crock-pot.
- In the same pan I browned the roast in, I saute a sliced onion in a little butter. When the onion is softened, I add about a cup a beef broth to de-glaze the pan. Then I pour the onions and broth over the roast in the crock-pot.
- Cover with the lid and cook on Low 6-8 hours, or until your roast is done.
- I serve my roast sliced with a large helping of potatoes and carrots, with a little broth drizzled over it all -- yum-o!
*Refrigerate any leftovers
*Leftover over broth makes wonderful gravy to top a leftover sliced pot roast sandwich, just sayin' :)