We were finally able to move back into our apartment after 6 weeks of renovations. A few of the things I had on my list got crossed off during those renovations, plus I was able to get a few other things accomplished as well. I am starting to pick up steam, which is great! It is so exciting to see things getting crossed off the list! August will probably be fairly unproductive since we will be on vacation for most of the month. So I will pick things back up in September and hopefully get everything crossed off before the end of the year. Here are how the list is looking so far this year...
Declutter 2 Dressers, 1 Chest of Drawers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Closet, and Under the Bed-- Finished in February
- Steam off the crappy boarder - I'm hoping to get to this in October or November.
- Re-glue the wallpaper seams - This is on my to-do list for August.
- Change the wall art - I am still on the hunt for a shelf. We've gone to quite a few yard sales and flea markets, and we've hit up the thrift store a number of times, I just haven't found what I want yet.
Hall: Declutter Hall Closet, Desk, and Coat Closet-- Finished in February Sell desk, and move in a bench-- Finished in April Build another shelf in the hall closet-- Unneeded, crossed off in February Bathroom: Declutter the Bathroom Cabinets and Drawers-- Finished in February Touch up the paint- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Living Room:
Declutter 8 Cube Baskets, 1 End Table, and 3 Dresser Drawers-- Finished in March Finish adding pictures to our 'mural' wall- Finished in June/July. Paint the letter 'R' on our 'mural' wall-- Finished in January
- Find new art for behind the futon - I have found the picture that I want, but it's pricey. If I can find something similar at a yard sale for less money, I will scoop it up for sure. If not, I'm in the process of saving up so I can get it as a birthday gift to myself.
Declutter 35 Cabinets, 1 Pantry, 1 China Cabinet, and 11 Drawers-- Finished in March Get a new trashcan-- Finished in February
- Steam the wallpaper off our microwave table, and repaint it - Since this table was damaged during the renovations, and it wasn't in the best shape to begin with, we've decided that my loving husband is going to built me a new one and I'll stain in when he's finished. I am hoping that he will find time this fall to get this completed, but it probably won't get done until January - but we'll see, maybe I'll get lucky.
Paint the windows/sills/trim- Finished in June. Completed during renovations. Clean out the chest freezer and defrost it-- Finished in March
- Declutter the
Closet, Dresser, Desk, Chest of Drawers, Bookcase, Sewing Table, and Cedar Chest -- The cedar chest is also on my list for August. Go through the CD 3-drawer organizer and combine into a large CD case- Finished in June. Install new curtain rods and tie backs; Hang new curtains- Done. Finished in July.
- Make a new curtain for the closet; Hang - Have not started yet.
Buy new Lamp/Shade for the Dresser-- Finished in April
- Re-glue wallpaper - I have this on the August list as well.
- Bring in new chest of drawers (#2) - I still need to vacuum the drawers out and put Finish Feeder on the outside. I'm planning on September for this.
- Build new shelf (or two) above the desk;
Add books to shelves-- We won't be able to build shelves above the desk the way I wanted to, so I am on the lookout for a small, mostly decorative, shelf at the thrift stores and yard sales. Paint the windows/sills and the closet door frame- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Laundry Room:
Declutter Desk, 3 Drawer Stand, Bookcase, and Closet (including stored Christmas decorations)-- Finished in March
- Touch up paint from renovation - I am planning to start this in September.
Hang art-- Crossed off in May. I decided that this isn't necessary. Plus I am working on Joe to get me a hanging clothes line for in the laundry room, so I will need all the wall space I can get. Wash box of new-to-us toys- Finished in July.
- Buy an IKEA cube system, assemble, and organize -- We are waiting until the renovations are complete to purchase this since I will need space to assemble it; we'll also need to move the desk in the laundry room out before we can move this in.
Are any of you working on some household projects this year?
What are you getting accomplished?