Another good month with lots of progress made, and LOTS of things crossed off the list! Some of my goals won't get crossed off until December, but that's okay, I really want to work on perfecting those. Here's how April went down...
Prepare a Nursery!- The nursery is completely done, I hope to share a post soon about it. I do plan to paint the windows/sills this Spring/Summer, but I feel comfortable crossing this off now.
- Do a
Deep-Spring, andDeep-Fall Clean in March andNovember. As well as keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores. - One deep clean down and one to go. I have still kept up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores, with the help of my loving husband that is. Give birth to baby Rogers, andbe the best mom I can be! - This is something I am striving to do every day. Joe, Howard, and I are getting into a routine with feedings, naps, and diaper changes. We are finding a rhythm, and I am glad that being a great mom to Howard right now is so easy (feed me, change me, hold me...), because I have been warned that it gets harder.
- Try every day to be a loving wife. Some days this is harder than others. :-) - Joe and I are so happy to have our little Howard, even if we are some what sleep deprived. Seeing Joe be a father is the most amazing thing ever, and makes me love him even more. Our relationship has also gotten into a better rhythm, and we are happier than ever!
- Take a trip to Maine in June with the hubby, and the baby. - Not there yet.
- Get together with family at least once a month. (probably for dinner) - My family has been coming to visit with us weekly (mostly to get Howard snuggles), and we also got together for a picnic on Memorial Day.
- Have 2 Freezer/Pantry Challenges (
January andJuly), post updates on the blog, and defrost the chest freezer - One down, one to go!
- Post my Menu Plan, Aldi Deals, and Weekly Spending Report every week, along with at least 1 other post per week. This may be an update, a reveal, a recipe, a shopping trip, or a frugal find. - I did really good with this one. I did my regular posts every week, plus I posted a Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday recipe post every week, and posted several shopping trips throughout the month.
- Plan and execute a 31 days post for October. - Not there yet.
- Lose at least 20 lbs (I did accomplish losing 20 lbs in 2013 as well, so it seems doable) - I have already lost 22 lbs this year, mostly my pregnancy weight. I am hoping to be able to lose at least 20 more lbs before the year is over.
- Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and do exercise of some kind everyday. - I drank plenty of water, ate a LOT of veggies, and fruit. Joe and I have also started taking a nightly stroll with the baby.
- Do at least 6 Flea Markets throughout the year, and list at least monthly on Amazon. - No flea markets again this month. We did visit several, as well as some yard sales. We were able to find some bigger baby clothes for Howard, as well as . (So far we have done 2.)
- Earn Swagbucks everyday by completing the daily poll, toolbar log-in, and NOSO offers daily. - did this every day, plus I used the SBTV feature and the offers on the homepage to earn additional Swagbucks. I earned 5 - $5 Amazon Gift Cards.
- Set a monthly budget, and coupon and deal shop as needed to stay within our budget. - I posted the monthly totals here.
- Pay off my credit card by June, and start putting extra onto Joe's credit card every month. We won't have his paid off this year, but we'll be on the right track to have it paid off within the next year or two. :) - Still working on this.
- Catch up my scrapbook. I'm only about 8 years behind, but I think once I get rolling on it, I should be able to push through and get it done by the end of the year. ;) I also want to start one for the baby, and work on it monthly. - Haven't started this one yet, and probably won't until I get into a better routine with the baby and working. I'm hoping to be able to get started in June.
- Try something new at least twice a month and blog about it. I have a LOT of new recipes and crafts I want to try, and this is the year! - I tried several new recipes this month, and blogged about them here, here, here, and here.
Linked to Money Saving Mom!