There are some major renovations going on in the apartment so we are living in our trailer for awhile. Because of this not a whole lot got crossed off my list in June. On the other hand, this is probably the most organized our trailer has ever been; I'll have to post some pictures for you all. We temporarily moved out half-way thru the month, so I did get a little work done, but not nearly as much as I would have liked since June was suppose to be a quieter month - I should have known that with our luck that would not be the case. I am going to be hopefully that July will allow for more productivity, but until then here are how the list is looking so far this year...
Declutter 2 Dressers, 1 Chest of Drawers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Closet, and Under the Bed-- Finished in February
- Steam off the crappy boarder - We are going to have to put this on hold until the renovations are complete.
- Re-glue the wallpaper seams - We are going to have to put this on hold until the renovations are complete.
- Change the wall art - I am still on the hunt for a shelf. We've gone to quite a few yard sales and flea markets, and we've hit up the thrift store a number of times, I just haven't found what I want yet.
Hall: Declutter Hall Closet, Desk, and Coat Closet-- Finished in February Sell desk, and move in a bench-- Finished in April Build another shelf in the hall closet-- Unneeded, crossed off in February Bathroom: Declutter the Bathroom Cabinets and Drawers-- Finished in February Touch up the paint- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Living Room:
Declutter 8 Cube Baskets, 1 End Table, and 3 Dresser Drawers-- Finished in March Finish adding pictures to our 'mural' wall- Finished in June. Paint the letter 'R' on our 'mural' wall-- Finished in January
- Find new art for behind the futon - I have found the picture that I want, but it's pricey. If I can find something similar at a yard sale for less money, I will scoop it up for sure. If not, I'm in the process of saving up so I can get it as a birthday gift to myself.
Declutter 35 Cabinets, 1 Pantry, 1 China Cabinet, and 11 Drawers-- Finished in March Get a new trashcan-- Finished in February
- Steam the wallpaper off our microwave table, and repaint it - We are going to have to put this on hold until the renovations are complete.
Paint the windows/sills/trim- Finished in June. Completed during renovations. Clean out the chest freezer and defrost it-- Finished in March
- Declutter the
Closet, Dresser, Desk, Chest of Drawers, Bookcase, Sewing Table, and Cedar Chest -- I finally finished the bookcase this month! I am planning to finish the cedar chest in July. Go through the CD 3-drawer organizer and combine into a large CD case- Finished in June. Below is how the project turned out -- the CD's take up S-O-O-O much less space without their cases. I put them in alphabetical order for now, but we can change that later if we need to.
- Install new curtain rods and tie backs; Hang new curtains - We are going to have to put this on hold until the renovations are complete.
- Make a new curtain for the closet; Hang - Have not started yet.
Buy new Lamp/Shade for the Dresser-- Finished in April
- Re-glue wallpaper - We are going to have to put this on hold until the renovations are complete.
- Bring in new chest of drawers (#2) - I still need to vacuum the drawers out and put Finish Feeder on the outside, but this will be done in July.
- Build new shelf (or two) above the desk;
Add books to shelves-- We won't be able to build shelves above the desk the way I wanted to, so I am on the lookout for a small, mostly decorative, shelf at the thrift stores and yard sales. Paint the windows/sills and the closet door frame- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Laundry Room:
Declutter Desk, 3 Drawer Stand, Bookcase, and Closet (including stored Christmas decorations)-- Finished in March
- Touch up paint from renovation - We are going to have to put this on hold until the renovations are complete.
Hang art-- Crossed off in May. I decided that this isn't necessary. Plus I am working on Joe to get me a hanging clothes line for in the laundry room, so I will need all the wall space I can get.
- Wash box of new-to-us toys - I need to finish this up in July, but I am so close to being done!
- Buy an IKEA cube system, assemble, and organize -- We are waiting until the renovations are complete to purchase this since I will need space to assemble it; we'll also need to move the desk in the laundry room out before we can move this in.
Are any of you working on some household projects this year?
What are you getting accomplished?