This year f-l-e-w by, just like that. It seems like we were just getting started, and now it's over and done with - crazy how life works that way. But, anyway, we're here to discuss the budget for the year, and I am VERY happy to say that we were UNDER budget for 2016!!! I love when we come out ahead for the year! I added the money into my new January 2017 grocery money envelope, and I'll use that to stock on meat as I see good deals. Below you can see how my spending broke down each month - if you click the links you can see my spending in more detail. I love looking through these summaries each year to see what great deals I was able to pick up at different points throughout the year. Each month brings different sales and coupons, and I love seeing how it all comes together - the big picture if you will. Anyway, poke around and let me know what your favorite deal was from 2016!
- January: $314.36 oop ($35.64 under budget -- added to February's money), Earned $88.27
- February: $341.59 oop ($44.05 leftover and added to March's money), Earned $49.39
- March: $371.36 oop ($22.69 leftover and added to April's money), Earned $52.98
- April: $309.92 oop ($62.77 leftover and added to May's money), Earned $58.59
- May: $288.88 oop ($123.89 leftover and added to June's money), Earned $42.25
- June: $411.06 oop ($62.83 leftover and added to July's money), Earned $79.10
- July: $369.35 oop ($43.48 leftover and added to August's money), Earned $52.55
- August: $355.49 oop ($37.99 leftover and added to September's money), Earned $36.94
- September: $360.85 oop ($27.14 leftover and added to October's money), Earned $41.35
- October: $334.97 oop (41.17 leftover and added to November's money), Earned $82.45
- November: $455.90 oop ($10 leftover and added to December's money), Earned $155.27
- December: $267.17 oop ($132.83 leftover and added to January's money), Earned $58.10
Total Earned: $797.24
Total Remaining from 2016: $132.83!!!!!!