Friday, March 25, 2016

DIY: Easy Easter Gift Tags

 It really is as simple as 1, 2, 3 to make these super adorable gift tags!  I wanted to share with you all how I made them for Joe and Howard's Easter baskets, but you could really apply this to any gift, just change the shape of the tag.  Green triangle 'trees' for Christmas, white rectangle 'presents' for wedding and shower gifts, red hearts for Valentine's Day, and the list goes on...  I also used some washi tape from the Dollar Tree.  I chose bright, fun colors that made me think of spring, but they also have some more sedate patterns, like leaves and florals, that you could use.  The letter stickers I used I have had for quite some time; they are out of a sticker book I bought for a $1 at AC Moore's many moons ago, but the Dollar Tree does sell a variety of letter stickers as well.  Are you ready for some super complicated directions?   Alright, here we go...

Things you will need:
Cardstock paper (color - your choice)
Various Washi Tapes (color and design, your choice)
scissors
Pencil and stencils (optional)
hole punch
yarn/twine/ribbon/jute (your choice)
Letter stickers

1. Cut out cardstock in the shape you want your tag to be.  There are loads of free printable stencils online if you chose, or if your lazy like me, you can free-hand it.  For Easter I chose an egg, but you could also do a bunny, a cross, chicks - your choice.
2.  Punch a hold in the top of your tag, and run some coordinating ribbon/twine/jute/yarn - again, your choice - through the hole.  This is how you will tie your tag to your package.  Or, you can skip this step like I did with Joe's Easter basket and just tuck the tag among 'all the things.'  However, for most packages I would probably go ahead and complete this step. 
3. Decorate your tag using washi tape and letter stickers.  This can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it.  Since I chose an egg, I decided to run the washi across it to make it look like a dyed and decorated egg, but how you decorate your tag is completely up to you.  You could add additional fancy pretty stickers if you want to as well.  I also only put the recipents name on the tag, since Easter baskets come from the Easter Bunny and Mom and Dad, but if I was making a tag for Christmas or a shower gift, I would totally add who it is from also. 
 

That's it!  Tie or place your tag on your gift and go!  See, I told you it was easy - and really adorable!  Let me know if you decide to try this and how it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment