Friday, March 4, 2016

Goals Update: February 2016


February was a very productive month!  I am making a lot of progress in the exercising and decluttering departments.  I've also got a great start on my household project list.  I am loving the new bare spaces in our home, and they really make a difference when it comes to keeping the house tidy.  I was so surprised to come in under budget again this month because we bought SO MUCH!  I am also very proud to say that I have kept up with my blogging goal.  Here are how the rest of my goals are playing out so far this year...

Personal:
  • Lose 20 lbs (about 1.5 lbs a month) - I have still not lost anything.  I have a mess of blood work scheduled for March, the doctor is leaning towards either hormone or thyroid problems, so we will see.  It is just very frustrating to be exercising almost every day, and eating right, and not see any weight loss.  I am hoping to have answers soon so I can get some of this weight off!
  • Exercise 292 days - In February I exercised 24 out of 29 days.  For a total of 44 for the year.  I'm right on track with this goal!  Exercising doesn't make me feel great, but I do feel stronger - my hips hurt less, my legs and back don't give out like they use to - but I also feel so tired and sore all over.  If I was doing some kind of crazy aerobic exercises I would understand, but I basically do stretches and ride the bike, so, yeah, anyway...  #outofshape
  • Drink at least 70 oz of water everydayI have made some progress with this.  The days I work I definitely do better than the days I don't.  The problem is that it's just so cold in the house that I just want to curl up with a blanket and some hot tea, not an ice water.  But with warm Spring weather fast approaching, I should be able to master this goal in no time.  
 Financial:
  • Coupon and deal shop to stick to my $350/month budget - I shared my budget update for February here.  If you click over, you can see all of the great things I was able to stock-up on while still staying $44 under budget!  This included diapers, frozen vegetables, laundry detergent, vitamins, and organic chicken breasts!
  •  Earn at least 6 - $25 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks - I am well over 1/2 way to another gift card, so I should be able to get another one in March.  1 Down, and 5 to go.
  • List at least 10 things per month online or 120 for the year - January - Check (23).  In February we sat up at a flea market, so I didn't get anything listed.  I did get a LOT ready to list though (4 bags of baby clothes, some sweaters, and a coat).  I have already taken the pictures, so I'll be listed these things online in March. 
  • Set up at 6 Flea Markets/Shows to sell our wares - We set up on February 20th at an indoor flea market.  We did fairly well.  We got rid of a LOT of junk that we have been carrying around for awhile, so that always makes me happy!  Total for the year = 1
Household:
  • Completely declutter the entire house - I have made a LOT of progress on this in January and February.  I should be able to cross this goal off by the end of March/beginning of April.  I still have some cabinets and drawers in the kitchen to do, two spots in the laundry room, and a few spots in the nursery.  But overall, the house looks amazing, and it is much easier to tidy things up at the end of the day!  I really cannot believe the amount of stuff that we've been able to get rid of - I just don't where it all comes from!
Kitchen China Cabinet After
Living Room Cube Storage After
  • Finish my 2016 project list - I have my project list update posted separately.  However, I will share that I have made a lot of progress in the decluttering department of the list, and got a 'new' kitchen trash can.  I shared quite a few pictures of my progress here
Nursery Dresser Drawer #1 After
Blogging:
  • Post at least 3 times a week - I posted at least 3 times per week again in February.  All totaled I shared 12 posts in February, which averages to exactly 3 a week!
  • Do a 31 day series in October - Not there yet.  I have been working on some ideas in my blogging journal though. 
  • Set up a Facebook page for my blog - I didn't get to this again in February, but it is at the top of my list for March!
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Anything new or different you are trying this year?
Share some of your goals in the comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment