Monday, October 31, 2016

Goals Update: October 2016


October was definitely the calm before the storm.  November is gearing up to be a super busy month full of work, teas, family get togethers, shopping, cleaning, baking, decorating, and just the general everyday craziness as well.  I did make some progress in October, and I am hoping to keep the momentum up for the remainder of the year.  I am right on track for most of my goals, but probably 1 or 2 are not going to make it, but we will see, I'm trying to be hopeful - wish me luck!
So, here's how things are going so far for the year...

Personal:
  • Lose 20 lbs (about 1.5 lbs a month) I have lost 15 pounds!  I didn't lose any more in October, but I also didn't gain any, so that's good.  Things are getting busier at work, which means more walking and less snacking, so we'll see if that helps in November!
  • Exercise 292 days - In October I exercised 27 out of 31 days.  For a total of 252 for the year.  I'm right on track with this goal! 
  • Drink at least 70 oz of water everyday - I have been trying really hard to keep up with this, but hot tea is definitely calling my name, and I am indulging much more than I like to. 
 Financial:
  • Coupon and deal shop to stick to my $350/month budget - I shared my budget update for October here.  If you click over, you can see all of the great things I was able to stock-up on while still staying $41 under budget!  This included diapers, vitamins, soup, and a variety of other items.
  • Earn at least 6 - $25 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks - I did not earn another gift card in October, but I'm very close.  Only 2 more to go for this year to meet my goal!  4 Down, and 2 to go.
  • List at least 10 things per month online or 120 for the year - I did not list anything in October.  I am pretty sure I am not going to make this goal for this year, but we'll see.  January - Check (23), February - no check (0), March - Check (43), April - no check (1), May -no check (0), June - no check (0), July - no check (0), August - no check (0), September - no check (0), October - no check (0)
  • Set up at 6 Flea Markets/Shows to sell our wares - We set up at a flea market at the beginning of October, and we did fairly well.  Our last one for the year is in November.  Total for the year =5
Household:
  • Completely declutter the entire house - Finished in September.
  • Finish my 2016 project list - I have my project list update posted separately. I finished up a few more projects in October.  There's only a couple left!!!

Blogging:
  • Post at least 3 times a week - I was able to post 3 times a week in October.  All totaled I posted 41 times in October!!!! 
  • Do a 31 day series in October - Finished!  This is such a huge amount of work, but I so enjoyed sharing my tips with you all.  It makes me feel so accomplished :-)
  • Set up a Facebook page for my blog - Not yet, I am hoping to get this done in November.
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Anything new or different you are trying this year?
Share some of your goals in the comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment