I feel like October just flew by, just like that, gone. Things have of course been busy here, as usual, but not as crazy as in September. We did set up at a flea market, we had our fall event here at the museum, and I'm gearing up to serve tea this weekend, but we've been trying to just chill out and enjoy the crisp weather before it gets bitter cold. Which here in Maryland, will be here before you know it. I didn't get a whole lot done this month, but there is very little left on the list - YAY!!! Even if everything doesn't get crossed off by December, I am still SO pleased with everything I have been able to accomplish this year! I am hoping to get maybe 2 more things done in November, so wish me luck!
Here's how the list is looking so far...
Declutter 2 Dressers, 1 Chest of Drawers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Closet, and Under the Bed-- Finished in February
- Steam off the crappy boarder - I'm hoping to get to this in November
Re-glue the wallpaper seams- Completed in September
- Change the wall art - I'm still on the hunt for a shelf. I'm debating between a wreath or two cross-stitch pieces for behind our bed.
Hall: Declutter Hall Closet, Desk, and Coat Closet-- Finished in February Sell desk, and move in a bench-- Finished in April Build another shelf in the hall closet-- Unneeded, crossed off in February Bathroom: Declutter the Bathroom Cabinets and Drawers-- Finished in February Touch up the paint- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Living Room:
Declutter 8 Cube Baskets, 1 End Table, and 3 Dresser Drawers-- Finished in March Finish adding pictures to our 'mural' wall- Finished in June/July. Paint the letter 'R' on our 'mural' wall-- Finished in January
- Find new art for behind the futon - I am still saving up for my picture. I haven't found one at the thrift store yet...
Kitchen: Declutter 35 Cabinets, 1 Pantry, 1 China Cabinet, and 11 Drawers-- Finished in March Get a new trashcan-- Finished in February Steam the wallpaper off our microwave table, and repaint it- Crossed off in September, we are going to build a new one next year. Paint the windows/sills/trim- Finished in June. Completed during renovations. Clean out the chest freezer and defrost it-- Finished in March
Declutter the Closet, Dresser, Desk, Chest of Drawers, Bookcase, Sewing Table, and Cedar Chest- Finished in September Go through the CD 3-drawer organizer and combine into a large CD case- Finished in June. Install new curtain rods and tie backs; Hang new curtains- Finished in July.
- Make a new curtain for the closet; Hang - We've decided to go with closet doors instead of a curtain since Howard will be in a 'big boy' bed soon enough. Closet doors we can put a safety lock on, a curtain we cannot.
Buy new Lamp/Shade for the Dresser-- Finished in April
- Re-glue wallpaper - I have started on this and have decided I need a better glue. The wallpaper glue and roller I used for the other rooms in the house just isn't cutting it in here. The paper is peeling much worse in this room though, and it's just so dry it doesn't want to stick. I've tried everything including superglue, so if you have any suggestions, please share!
Bring in new chest of drawers (#2)- Finished in September. Here's the picture I promised you all... Build new shelf (or two) above the desk; Add books to shelves-- I finally found a little shelf!!! I know that it isn't centered, that's because I'd like to get two little things to hang beside it and make a little mural wall like I did above Howard's chest of drawers. Paint the windows/sills and the closet door frame- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Laundry Room:
Declutter Desk, 3 Drawer Stand, Bookcase, and Closet (including stored Christmas decorations)-- Finished in March
- Touch up paint from renovation - I have started this and plan to finish in November.
Hang art-- Crossed off in May. Wash box of new-to-us toys- Finished in July.
- Buy an IKEA cube system, assemble, and organize -- I haven't been able to make it to IKEA yet this month, so I will probably not get there until sometime in November. I am hoping to knock this out soon though - I need an organized laundry room stat.
Are any of you working on some household projects this year?
What are you getting accomplished?