This week I am finishing up my Spring cleaning -- almost done! Open season starts here at the museum, so I have my first two pre-scheduled tours this week, and I have a tea to prepare for on Saturday, so yeah, things are going to be a little busy around these parts. Cock-pot meals to the rescue! I also got some not so great news back from the doctor that my triglycerides are high, so I need to cut back on carbs and sugar, no bueno. I purchased a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies this week, and prepped enough to get me thru a few days on Sunday. That way I can have salads at the ready, and strawberries, because strawberries are delicious! We'll see how things go; I have to have my blood rechecked in 4 weeks, so hopefully a little change in diet helps. Any way, on to the menu plan for this week...
- Breakfasts: Yogurt/Sliced Strawberries/Eggs and Toast for Me, Pop-Tarts for Joe, Waffles/Fruit and Grain Bars/Mini Muffins for Howard
- Lunches: Leftovers, Salads, Canned Soup, Tuna Salad/Egg Salad/PB and J Sandwiches
- Sunday - Turkey (red) Kielbasa, Scalloped Potatoes, Creamed Spinach
- Monday - Crock-pot Pork Tips and Mushroom Gravy, Jasmine Rice, Steamed Broccoli
- Tuesday - Tacos, Salad, Mexican Rice
- Wednesday - Pizza, Salad
- Thursday - Canned Soup, and Grilled Cheese or Takeout (depends on how late we are getting home from Joe's grandfather's house)
- Friday - Crock-pot Lasagne, Salad, Garlic Bread
- Saturday - Leftover Buffet
For more AWESOME menu plans, visit Org Junkie!