2014 was an AMAZING year! We did some flea markets, took some great day trips and vacations, stayed under budget, and welcomed Howard into our family! I also did pretty good in the goals department. Some didn't get done at all, but most were completed, and a few were partially finished. I'm pleased with my progress. Hopefully 2015 will be just as good! Here's my results for my 2014 goals...
Prepare a Nursery!- The nursery is completely done, I hope to share a post soon about it. I do plan to paint the windows/sills Spring/Summer 2015, but I feel comfortable crossing this off now. Do a Deep-Spring, and Deep-Fall Clean in March and November As well as keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores.- This has been hard to keep up with since Howard was born, but I have managed to keep up with all my cleaning tasks and did both deep cleans this year. Give birth to baby Rogers, and be the best mom I can be!- Howard was born in April, and I have been working every day to be the best mom I can be. Some days are a LOT easier than others. And I know that I can't cross this off the list permanently per se, as it is a continual learning process, but since I did work on it every day this year, I'm considering is accomplished for 2014. Try every day to be a loving wife- This is another one that can't be crossed off fully, but it was something that I worked on everyday, so for 2014 it's done.
- Take a trip to Maine in June with the hubby, and the baby. - This we ended up cancelling due to money and newborn issues. But we will be going next year.
Get together with family at least once a month- This was a lot easier to accomplish than I thought it would be, especially since Howard was born. Everyone wants to come visit, so we just let them. Can't be any easier than that. My dad comes over about once a week to visit, we see Joe's family at least once a month, sometimes twice, and my sister and niece visit once or twice a month as well. We didn't do a lot of dinners, but we did a few throughout the year. Hopefully we can continue this throughout 2015! Have 2 Freezer/Pantry Challenges (January and July), post updates on the blog, and defrost the chest freezer- These went great this past year. I always look forward to doing these challenges each year; they are a great way to use things up so they don't go to waste. We will definitely be participating again in 2015! I also was finally able to defrost the chest freezer when I did inventory in December.
- Post my Menu Plan, Aldi Deals, and
Weekly Spending Report every week, along with at least 1 other post per week. This may be an update, a reveal, a recipe, a shopping trip, or a frugal find. - This really went to pot after Howard was born. I did keep up with my weekly spending reports, but everything else ended up lacking. I'm going to be making some changes in the coming year, since taking care of Howard, and the household, and working had kind of left me little to no time for blogging. I know, #smallworldproblems, but still. I'm still trying to figure everything out in regards to making time for everything and getting things crossed off the to do list. I'm hoping to make goals for 2015 that will help me figure that out and get things under control. Plan and execute a 31 days post for October.- I posted 31 frugal tips for raising babies!
- Lose at least 20 lbs (I did accomplish losing 20 lbs in 2013 as well, so it seems doable) - I didn't gain any weight after having Howard in April, but I also haven't lost anything either. I've read conflicting things about losing weight while breast feeding. Some say it's a huge metabolism boast, and others say they can't loose a pound until they stop. Needless to say, I think I am part of the latter category. But, I'm going to try again in 2015.
Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and do exercise of some kind everyday.- I drank plenty of water, ate a LOT of veggies, and fruit. Joe and I have also started taking a nightly stroll with the baby.
- Do at least 6 Flea Markets throughout the year, and list at least monthly on Amazon. - We did manage to do 5 Flea Markets this year. We ended up not doing the one we had planned on in November, because we figured it wasn't worth our time. Also, I put the Amazon on vacation right before Howard was born in April, and it has been turned back on yet - whoops! Hopefully we can do better here in 2015.
Earn Swagbucks everyday by completing the daily poll, toolbar log-in, and NOSO offers daily.- I did most of this every day, plus I used the SBTV feature and the offers on the homepage to earn additional Swagbucks. I managed to earn a couple hundred dollars in Amazon gift cards as well as about $40 in CVS gift cards this year. Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of this goal! Set a monthly budget, and coupon and deal shop as needed to stay within our budget.- I did a great job with this! We ended the year under budget -- yeah! I posted our end-of-year results here. Pay off my credit card by June, and start putting extra onto Joe's credit card every month.We won't have his paid off this year, but we'll be on the right track to have it paid off within the next year or two. :) - I was able to pay my card off in June, and started putting a little extra on Joe's each month. I am hoping to be able to put a more substantial chunk on each month next year.
- Catch up my scrapbook. I'm only about 8 years behind, but I think once I get rolling on it, I should be able to push through and get it done by the end of the year. ;) I also want to start one for the baby, and work on it monthly. - This did NOT even begin to happen! I should have know better than to try and get this finished the year we were having our 1st child! Live and learn. Maybe next year...
- Try something new at least twice a month and blog about it. I have a LOT of new recipes and crafts I want to try, and this is the year! - I did a lot of this before Howard was born and little bit right after, but then things like breastfeeding and work got in the way of having fun in the kitchen. I have a bunch of recipes I can wait to try out and tweak. So hopefully I can start post some soon!
Linked to Money Saving Mom!