Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pantry Challenge Goals + Day 1 Results


I participate in the pantry challenge every year!  It's actually kind of exciting to see how everyone who joins in uses up their little odds and ends from the freezers and pantries.  I kept things super simple this year with just 3 goals.  I'll also share how day #1 went...

Goals:
  1. Use up as much as we can from the freezers and pantry so we can start fairly fresh in February.
  2. Spend as little as possible at the grocery stores.  I'm not going to really restrict what I spend at CVS since we need to stock up on lotion, diapers, etc. when there are deals on them.  However, as far as food goes, I'm really going to try and only buy diary, produce, bread, and little things that we need in order to make meals happen.  As the month progresses I might stock up on things here and there depending on how good the deal is, and how much we actually use the item.
  3. Complete the challenge from January 4 - January 31st, and blog the results daily.
Day 1 Results:
  • Breakfast was iced coffee for me, and a granola bar for Joe.  We like to keep things simple in the mornings since we are usually trying to get housework done, and get Howard up, changed, nursed, fed, etc.
  • Lunch was a lovely pizza using pepperoni, cheese, and sausage from the freezer as well as some leftover frozen sauce.  
  • Dinner was leftover pasta bake from last night.  This used up a bag of leftover cooked spaghetti and sauce from the freezer as well as some frozen sausage, pepperoni, and cheese.  I also added some bruschetta jack cheese from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment