Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday: Big Mac Salad

 Last week I gave you the low-down on some tasty Thousand Island dressing, so this week I'll share one of my favorite ways to use it: a Big Mac Salad!  Other than the pickles, it's all there, beef, 'special sauce,' lettuce, cheese, onions, and 'bun' (croutons).  This recipe is simple, and easy - my favorite kind of recipe!  It also takes only a handful of ingredients, and is hearty enough that even my husband considers it a meal.  That's a win in my book!  Here's what you need...
  • Fried Ground Beef with Diced Onions (I fry this up ahead of time and freeze it is 1/2 lb portions, so all I have to do is nuke it when it's dinner time)
  • Lettuce and Veggies of your choice (I like to add tomatoes and cucumbers to mine, Joe likes bell pepper and tomatoes in his, so it's up to you)
  • Shredded Cheese (anything with cheddar is good, I've used the Mexican blend before, and it's just fine tasting)
  • Croutons
  • Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
  1.  Fry ground beef with onions and drain (or nuke like me if you cook and freeze ahead).
  2. Add lettuce and veggies to bowls, top with beef/onions, cheese, and croutons.
  3. Dress salad with Thousand Island Dressing, to your liking.
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment