Friday, February 8, 2013

Frugal Finds Friday: Homemade Astringent

I have used astringent/toner since I turned 13, and that's been quite a few years ago.  I usually bought whatever was on sale, leaning towards Clean and Clear or Sea Breeze Sensitive varieties.  I decided to start making more things from scratch around the house last year, including health and beauty items.  I researched recipes for homemade toner/astringent until I found one that was simple to make, and only took a couple of ingredients.  That's how I roll, simple and cheap is my style, anyway, here's my recipe...
  1. I use an old Sea Breeze bottle to start.  Fill the bottle up 1/3 of the way with witch hazel.
  2. Fill the bottle just about the rest of the way up with distilled water (2/3).
  3. Add a few drops of tea tree oil (mine doesn't have a dropper, so I just eye ball it, but it's probably about 1/2 tsp).
  4. Apply your toner with a reusable cloth face pad (I got mine from the Dollar Tree, that way I can wash and reuse them without having to always buy more cotton balls which end up in the trash), or a cotton ball.
 Simple, green, and frugal!

What about you, what was your frugal find this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment