September was a whirl-wind of a month -- there were two events at the museum, we sat up at a large flea market, we visited two steam and gas shows, and I worked a LOT. I did get a few things crossed off the list, but not as much I would have hoped to. October is looking like a much more laid back month, at least it is on the calendar. I am planning to work on getting at least 3 items crossed off next month, so wish me luck!
Here's how the list is looking so far...
Declutter 2 Dressers, 1 Chest of Drawers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Closet, and Under the Bed-- Finished in February
- Steam off the crappy boarder - I'm hoping to get to this in October or November.
Re-glue the wallpaper seams- Done! I finally set aside some time to do this in September, and it looks so much better.
- Change the wall art - I'm still on the hunt for a shelf, and after a trip to the Hobby Lobby I think I have found the art that I want to make for behind our bed, so maybe I'll get to work on this some in October.
Hall: Declutter Hall Closet, Desk, and Coat Closet-- Finished in February Sell desk, and move in a bench-- Finished in April Build another shelf in the hall closet-- Unneeded, crossed off in February Bathroom: Declutter the Bathroom Cabinets and Drawers-- Finished in February Touch up the paint- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Living Room:
Declutter 8 Cube Baskets, 1 End Table, and 3 Dresser Drawers-- Finished in March Finish adding pictures to our 'mural' wall- Finished in June/July. Paint the letter 'R' on our 'mural' wall-- Finished in January
- Find new art for behind the futon - I have found the picture that I want, but it's pricey. If I can find something similar at a yard sale for less money, I will scoop it up for sure. If not, I'm in the process of saving up so I can get it as a birthday gift to myself.
Kitchen: Declutter 35 Cabinets, 1 Pantry, 1 China Cabinet, and 11 Drawers-- Finished in March Get a new trashcan-- Finished in February Steam the wallpaper off our microwave table, and repaint it- I've decided to cross this off for this year, and add it to next year's list. The table was damaged during the renovations we had done in June, so we really need a new one. We are heading into the busy season here at the museum, and I know that Joe is not going to have time to build new one until January. Unless I can find something the next time I go to Ikea... Paint the windows/sills/trim- Finished in June. Completed during renovations. Clean out the chest freezer and defrost it-- Finished in March
Declutter the Closet, Dresser, Desk, Chest of Drawers, Bookcase, Sewing Table, and Cedar Chest-- Cedar Chest is finally done. I don't know why I put it off for so long, because it only took me about an hour or so to complete. I now have a completely empty cedar chest ready to be moved out when baby number 2 decides to come - whenever that may be. Go through the CD 3-drawer organizer and combine into a large CD case- Finished in June. Install new curtain rods and tie backs; Hang new curtains- Finished in July.
- Make a new curtain for the closet; Hang - I am planning to work on this in November.
Buy new Lamp/Shade for the Dresser-- Finished in April
- Re-glue wallpaper - I have started on this and have decided I need a better glue. The wallpaper glue and roller I used for the other rooms in the house just isn't cutting it in here. The paper is peeling much worse in this room though, and it's just so dry it doesn't want to stick. I'm leaning towards super glue unless any one has a better suggestion?
Bring in new chest of drawers (#2)- Done! Picture to come.
- Build new shelf (or two) above the desk;
Add books to shelves-- We won't be able to build shelves above the desk the way I wanted to, so I am on the lookout for a small, mostly decorative, shelf at the thrift stores and yard sales. Paint the windows/sills and the closet door frame- Finished in June. Completed during renovations.
- Laundry Room:
Declutter Desk, 3 Drawer Stand, Bookcase, and Closet (including stored Christmas decorations)-- Finished in March
- Touch up paint from renovation - I am planning to start this in October.
Hang art-- Crossed off in May. Wash box of new-to-us toys- Finished in July.
- Buy an IKEA cube system, assemble, and organize -- I haven't been able to make it to Ikea yet this month, so I will probably not get there until sometime in October. I am hoping to knock this out soon though - I need an organized laundry room stat.
Are any of you working on some household projects this year?
What are you getting accomplished?