I thought that my progress for April was slow, but things moved sloth-speed in May. I have been SO BUSY with work, and teas, and Howard, and life. But that happens sometimes and it's okay. The way I give myself grace is knowing that there is always tomorrow, and if not, I won't care anyway. It's a phrase that is becoming clearer to me the longer I am a working mother! We are in the process of having our bathroom remodeled by our 'landlord,' so the projects I have planned for there have been put on hold and will possibly take care of themselves. I love it when that happens! I have been chipping away at a few other things, but I wasn't able to cross much off this month. We are still down a docent at work, so I have a heavier work-load then I should - there is suppose to be a new person hired in June. I am hoping that this will give me a little more time to work on my household projects before the summer gets too crazy. Here are how the list is looking so far this year...
Declutter 2 Dressers, 1 Chest of Drawers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Closet, and Under the Bed-- Finished in February
- Steam off the crappy boarder - Have not started yet.
- Re-glue the wallpaper seams - Have not started yet.
- Change the wall art - I am still on the hunt for a shelf, but with all the rain we've been having, shopping for one at a yard sale has been hard. Memorial day weekend is looking promising - there are always a slew of yard sales then, and the weather looks like it might cooperate at least a little bit, so we'll see.
Hall: Declutter Hall Closet, Desk, and Coat Closet-- Finished in February Sell desk, and move in a bench-- Finished in April Build another shelf in the hall closet-- Unneeded, crossed off in February
Declutter the Bathroom Cabinets and Drawers-- Finished in February
- Touch up the paint - Like I said above, our bathroom is getting some work done to the tub and surround, so it is very possible that we will be getting some fresh paint in there as well, without having to lift a finger, but only time will tell.
- Living Room:
Declutter 8 Cube Baskets, 1 End Table, and 3 Dresser Drawers-- Finished in March
- Finish adding pictures to our 'mural' wall - I sent quite a few pictures from my phone into CVS to be printed. Once I pick them up next week, this will be finished, for now anyway. I'd like to update at least a few of them yearly, just to keep things looking fresh.
Paint the letter 'R' on our 'mural' wall-- Finished in January
- Find new art for behind the futon - I have found the picture that I want, but it's pricey. If I can find something similar at a yard sale for less money, I will scoop it up for sure. If not, I'm in the process of saving up so I can get it as a birthday gift to myself.
Declutter 35 Cabinets, 1 Pantry, 1 China Cabinet, and 11 Drawers-- Finished in March Get a new trashcan-- Finished in February
- Steam the wallpaper off our microwave table, and repaint it - Have not started yet.
- Paint the windows/sills/trim - Have not started yet.
Clean out the chest freezer and defrost it-- Finished in March
- Declutter the
Closet, Dresser, Desk, Chest of Drawers, Bookcase, Sewing Table, and Cedar Chest -- I'm done my part of the bookcase. I am waiting for Joe to go through a basket of stuff on it that is his, and then we can add it to our flea market stuff and move the new dresser in. Then it's onto the cedar chest - almost done.
- Go through the CD 3-drawer organizer and combine into a large CD case - Have not started yet.
- Install new curtain rods and tie backs; Hang new curtains - Have not started yet.
- Make a new curtain for the closet; Hang - Have not started yet.
Buy new Lamp/Shade for the Dresser-- Finished in April
- Re-glue wallpaper - Have not started yet.
- Bring in new chest of drawers (#2) - See above.
- Build new shelf (or two) above the desk;
Add books to shelves-- We won't be able to build shelves above the desk the way I wanted to, so I am on the lookout for a small, mostly decorative, shelf at the thrift stores and yard sales.
- Paint the windows/sills and the closet door frame - Have not started yet.
- Laundry Room:
Declutter Desk, 3 Drawer Stand, Bookcase, and Closet (including stored Christmas decorations)-- Finished in March
- Touch up paint from renovation - Have not started yet.
Hang art-- Crossed off in May. I decided that this isn't necessary. Plus I am working on Joe to get me a hanging clothes line for in the laundry room, so I will need all the wall space I can get.
- Wash box of new-to-us toys - I made a HUGE dent in this in May, but I'm not quite finished yet. I Clorox-wiped everything that I could, but what is left needs to soak in bleach water to be sterilized.
- Buy an Ikea cube system, assemble, and organize -- Have not started yet. We are in the process of getting rid of the desk that is in there now and that is a total waste of space. We should be able to buy the cube system in June or July.
Are any of you working on some household projects this year?
What are you getting accomplished?