Monday, October 5, 2015

August and September's Goals Update



August and September were such crazy months, that I am just now getting around to writing a goals update post for them both.  The museum has been crazy busy with weddings and picnics, we did a couple of flea markets, and I celebrated my 30th birthday!  We also went on vacation and did some outlet shopping.  They were two months fill with a LOT of fun, but I am so ready for some down time.  Here's how the goal area has played out so far this year...
Household:
  1. De-clutter the whole house in January, February, and March -- Done!
  2. Do a Deep-Spring, and Deep-Fall Clean in March and November  As well as keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores. -- I managed to stay caught up on all of my cleaning tasks, as well as the laundry!
  3. Paint the Windows/Sills/Trim in the Kitchen and Nursery. -- Still hasn't happen yet.  I will have January, February, and March off this coming year (probably for the last time), so I plan to take full advantage of the time off and paint everything then. 
Family:
  1. Write a 'love letter' to Joe each month - I wrote him a card each month.  Joe really seems to appreciate this, so I will try to keep it up even after this year if possible.
  2. Take a trip to Maine in June with the hubby, and Howard.
  3. Take a Trip to Ocean City in August -- We went to Ocean City this year the last full week of August, and Howard absolutely LOVED it!  His favorite spot was the pool and splash pad.  We spent an entire day there, and went back a couple of other times, including the day we were leaving.  He actually dug his swim suit out of the dirty clothes basket and brought it to me that morning, so I decided that we would spend a few more hours at the pool, and he was so happy about it!  We also ate a lot ot delicious meals, that I didn't have to cook, which is always nice.
  4. Get together with family at least once a month -- We did spend the day with Joe's family twice, my dad on several occasions, and both of my nieces came to visit as well.  It was all just lovely!  I am hoping that maybe we can all get togther in October, but we'll see.  With my nieces in college, and everyone's work schedules, it's a lot to work around to get anything planned unless it's a holiday and everyone is off.
  5. Plan and Execute Howard's 1st Birthday Party 
Blogging:
  1. Have 2 Freezer/Pantry Challenges (January and July), post updates on the blog, and defrost the chest freezer 
  2. Post my Menu Plan, and Weekly Spending Report every week, along with at least 1 other post per week.  This may be an update, a reveal, a recipe, a shopping trip, some Aldi Deals, or a frugal find. -- This basically hasn't happened since like April or May.  I don't know why I even bother to keep it on here.  I do have a couple of frugal finds posts to share with you, but other than that, not much.  I've been working a LOT of crazy hours, like twice what I'm actually contracted for.  The big paychecks are nice, but it means I have less time for things I enjoy, like blogging.  I am hoping that I can get ahead on work stuff this year, so next year I won't have to work as many extra hours.
  3. Plan and execute a 31 days post for October. -- N/A
Health:
  1. Lose at least 20 lbs -- I have reloss the same 20 pounds that I lost last year, and holding strong.  I would like to add a little more exercise into my daily routine for October, but we'll see if I can make the time for it.  If I can, I can probably lose maybe 3 or 4 pounds next month, and that would be excellent!!
  2. Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and do exercise of some kind everyday. -- This is something that I have been able to check off each month.  Now that the weather is cooling off, I am finding myself craving warm comfort foods, which are usually full of calories.  I am looking into some soup options that I can make ahead and stash in the freezer.  Also, I am finding myself wanting to go outside more, since it's not burning hot out, which means more walks for me and Howard!
Budget/Income:
  1. Do at least 5 Flea Markets throughout the year, and list at least bi-monthly on Amazon/Facebook Yard Sale. -- We sat up at two more flea markets, one in August, and one in September.  That brings us to 4 total for the year.  We have one more to do in October, and then that's it until January.  I did not get anything listed online during August or September, but with the holiday season soon approaching, I know that I need to get that done sooner as oppose to later.  I have 2 small boxes of books I hope to get listed on Amazon, and another small box of items to list on a Facebook page.  Then in November, I have 2 more larger boxes of books to list.  I am hoping to get most of the books listed on my next day off during Howard's nap time.  Amazon makes it super easy to list the books, so it really doesn't take that long once your account is set up.
  2. Earn Swagbucks everyday by completing the daily poll, toolbar log-in, and NOSO offers daily.  (Try to earn $10 a month) -- I FINALLY reached the amount of swagbucks needed for a $25 Amazon gift card.  It is SO much harder to get to that level than it use to be for me.  Once Joe and I update our phones, I can start using the apps, which should make things a little easier, or at least I hope it will.
  3. Set a monthly budget, and coupon and deal shop as needed to stay within our budget. -- I was able to stay under budget for both August and September with about $2 to spare, so I am really happy about that!  I posted my August budget update here, and September's here.  It always feels so good to look back over these posts and realize just how much I was able to squeeze out of our budget!
  4. Put at least an extra $100 a month on Joe's Credit Card starting in May -- We did this for both August and September.  I actually paid different amounts each month, but I did put a total of $200 towards this debt for both months, so I guess that is really all that matters.  I am happy that we are plugging away on this and I really would like for it to be gone next year, but we'll see how it goes.
Hobby-Related:
  1. Scan the huge-a** box of photos we have had since my mom died two and a half years ago, and get them sorted to give to people, as well as put the ones I decide to keep in albums. -- I'm not even planning to work in this until later in the year,  possibly not until Fall, we'll see.
  2. Continue to work on Howard's baby book 
  3. Try something new at least once a month and blog about it.  I have a LOT of new recipes and crafts I want to try -- Did not happen again -- I am seriously considering putting this off until next year, but, we'll see.
How have your goals gone so far this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment