Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pantry Challenge Goals For January 2014


I am joining the Pantry Challenge that Jessica at Good Cheap Eats is doing for the month of January.  My goals for the January Freezer/Pantry Challenge are simple:
  1. I want to empty out the chest freezer enough to defrost it.  We've had it for 2 years now, and have yet to do that - whoops!
  2. I want to empty out our freezers and pantries as best we can, especially of those bits of misc stuff, that need to be used up before they are past their prime.
  3. Spend no more than $40 per week on groceries including health and beauty, and household items.  Or a total of $160 for the month.
  4. Hopefully find/create some new family-favorite recipes out of the stuff we have to work with in the kitchen.
  5. Document our progress on a weekly update post with pictures.
  6. Eat well and have fun!
What about you; are you doing a Freezer/Pantry Challenge this month?

3 comments:

  1. I try the challenge every year and am amazed and what I find :) good luck and I will check back for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in for the challenge as well. This is our 3rd or 4th years. It is always an eye opener as to what all we already have and can make do with! Congrats on your baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely in for the challenge. This will be year 4 for me and always impressed in the $$ we save during it. Really glad she does them twice a year!

    ReplyDelete