Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals for 2014


I did ok with my goals in 2013, some got met, some didn't.  I think I kept them too general, or not definitive enough.  So I went through the year saying, yeah I did that, but I could still work on it, so not a lot got crossed off.  This year, I'll try things a little differently, since part of the satisfaction of reaching your goals is getting to cross them off your list.  Some of my goals are larger than others and will need to be broken down into manageable chunks, like preparing the nursery.  However, for the sake of space and time, I'll just list the actual goal here, and then I'll list any stages in a reveal/update post if there is one.  So without further ado...
Household:
  1. Prepare a Nursery!  (this will probably have several update posts along the way)
  2. Do a Deep-Spring, and Deep-Fall Clean in March and November.  As well as keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores.
Family:
  1. Give birth to baby Rogers, and be the best mom I can be!
  2. Try every day to be a loving wife.  Some days this is harder than others. :)
  3. Take a trip to Maine in June with the hubby, and the baby.
  4. Get together with family at least once a month.  (probably for dinner) 
Blogging:
  1. Have 2 Freezer/Pantry Challenges (January and July), post updates on the blog, and defrost the chest freezer
  2. Post my Menu Plan, Aldi Deals, and Weekly Spending Report every week, along with at least 1 other post per week.  This may be an update, a reveal, a recipe, a shopping trip, or a frugal find.
  3. Plan and execute a 31 days post for October. 
Health:
  1. Lose at least 20 lbs (I did accomplish losing 20 lbs in 2013 as well, so it seems doable)
  2. Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and do exercise of some kind everyday.
Financial:
  1. Do at least 6 Flea Markets throughout the year, and list at least monthly on Amazon.
  2. Earn Swagbucks everyday by completing the daily poll, toolbar log-in, and NOSO offers daily.
  3. Set a monthly budget, and coupon and deal shop as needed to stay within our budget.
  4. Pay off my credit card by June, and start putting extra onto Joe's credit card every month.  We won't have his paid off this year, but we'll be on the right track to have it paid off within the next year or two.  :)
Hobby-Related:
  1. Catch up my scrapbook.  I'm only about 8 years behind, but I think once I get rolling on it, I should be able to push through and get it done by the end of the year. ;) I also want to start one for the baby, and work on it monthly.
  2. Try something new at least twice a month and blog about it.  I have a LOT of new recipes and crafts I want to try, and this is the year! 
For more AWESOME Goals, visit Money Saving Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment