Monday, July 1, 2013

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday: Layered Taco Dip


In honor of 4th of July, and all of the picnics people will be having to celebrate our independence day, I thought I would share a super easy dip recipe with you all.  I've been making this dip for over a decade, and it is always what I am requested to bring to family get-togethers, well, and cookies :)  Here's the low-down...

1. Layer 1 can Refried Beans into your dish.
(You can use a pie plate, a Tupperware, or a baking pan, they all work just fine)

2. Top beans with a layer of Sour Cream.

3. Top Sour Cream with a layer of Salsa.
(I like ALDI's, but I've used homemade as well.)

4. Top salsa with a layer of shredded lettuce.

5. Top Lettuce with shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend, but cheddar is tasty too.)  I wait and add some diced onions to the top, and only on 1 half, that way people can see where they are if they don't like them.

And, it's that easy!  Serve with some tortilla chips, and you are good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment