Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pantry Challenge Update - Week #1

Jessica over at Good Cheap Eats is running a pantry challenge this month, and I'm in!  Here's how it's been going so far...

Day 1:  New Year's day we decided to have some family over for dinner.  My dad, sister, niece, and her boyfriend came over and we had a lovely dinner together, and played a couple games of Uno afterwards.  Joe and I had a blast!  We ended the evening with some homemade apple crumb pie and vanilla bean ice cream.
B - Waffles
L - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
D - Crock Pot Pork Roast with Baked Potatoes and Sauerkraut, Homemade Apple Crumb Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream

Day 2:  Wednesday was a simpler day, Joe and I worked on some projects around the house, but mostly I was still trying to deal with a horrible head cold.  Meals were simple.
B - Waffles
L - Leftover Pork Sandwiches
D - Subs, Out -- Totally Yucky!

Day 3:  Thursday was more the same; rest, recuperating, and knocking out some small projects.  I used up the leftover baked potatoes from New Year's for lunch.
B - Waffles
L - Fried (sliced leftover Baked) Potatoes with Onion, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon (leftover in the freezer from Christmas), and Toast
D - Leftover Pork Sandwiches with Baked French Fries

Day 4: Friday Joe had a meeting to go to, and I was feeling much better!  So, I got quite a few little projects done, as well as got the house tidied up a little bit.  
B - Cream of Wheat for me and Sausage Patty Sandwiches for Joe
L - Snacks
D - Quesadillas

Day 5:  Today Joe and I finally had to go the grocery store, we were out of milk.  I picked up a few other essentials things that we were out of, like PB, since I hadn't been to the store in a few weeks.  We also stopped into Rite-Aid to use my UP+Rewards before they expired.  It was a good day!
B - BK, out - Yummy!
L - Hamburger Helper (trying to get those used up)
D - Crock Pot Chili

All  in all it's been a good week, and I have already cleaned a good bit out of the cupboards and freezer!  Hopefully next week will be even better!

Link Up at Good Cheap Eats and see how others are doing!

1 comment:

  1. new follower from the pantry challenge

    http://recipesonthecheap.blogspot.com/2013/01/pantry-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete