Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Food Lion Shopping - Meat Finds!

Joe and I stopped in to Food Lion on the way home one evening this week, and as always I was perusing the meat section looking for markdowns, and I stumbled upon these two beautiful packages of steaks! The 2 pk of Griller Steaks were marked from $7.31 down to $5.12 & the 6 pk of Eye Round Steaks were marked from $4.20 down to $2.94. Total Spent: $8.06!

Not only was I able to stock-pile a little more meat in my freezer, I also did some freezer "cooking." Well, actually freezer prep. I took the round steaks, sliced them up, put 2 steaks worth in each of three bags, left one plain and then put olive oil & fajita seasoning in the other two. So I have 1 pk for stroganoff, and 2 ready for fajitas! The 2 griller steaks I was going to slice up as well, and then I thought they might actually be good to just eat as steak. So I poured some A1 Marinade into a bag, added the 2 steaks, and made another easy to prepare meal! I love being able to get inexpensive meat as well as cutting out some dinner prep time in the process!!! How do you save money on the proteins in your diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment