Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now, this is what I call left-overs!!!


I know what you are thinking, 'eewww, leftovers.' My husband was the same way when I first met him. However, it isn't leftovers that are gross, it is usually how they are prepared, and I prepare GREAT leftovers, or at least that's what I'm told! :-) Using up leftovers is one of the key principles of being frugal; wasted food you got really cheap or free is still wasted food. I always try to plan my meals around what's in the pantry, freezer, etc, but I also try to keep the fridge cleaned out as well. Tonight I took leftover pasta (Joe and I never eat a whole box, so I just keep it in a jar until we need it), leftover steamed broccoli, and then I added some Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken from the freezer, and a can of diced tomatoes, and I got this pasta creation -- very DELICIOUS!!! Add some leftover salad and garlic bread from the other night, and you have dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment