Last week just zoomed by. I had a lot of preparations to take care of for an event at work this past weekend, along with the usual housework, and an outing to a tractor show with Howard. This week should be much calmer - I only work a few days, and my birthday is on Friday - YAY! I am planning for a relaxing day alone. I love my family, but as an natural-born introvert, I very much value my alone time, it is so rejuvenating! We are going to 'celebrate' with a day trip shopping next Wednesday, but on my actual birthday, I'm looking forward to quiet, and ice cream!
I kept the menu plan simple this week, and I planned quite a few 'comfort' food recipes - since the weather is starting to cool down - finally.
Here's what's cookin' this week...
- Breakfasts: Fruit, Eggs, and/or cereal for Me; Pop-Tarts for Joe; Turkey Sausage Links, Mini Muffins, Fruit, and/or Fruit and Grain Bars for Howard
- Lunches: Tomato and Bacon or PBJ Sandwiches, Leftovers, Chips, Veggie Dippers with Ranch, Soup, and/or Fruit for Joe and I. Howard will have Turkey Sausage links, Cheese Slices, Mac and Cheese cups, 'Pancake Poppers,' and/or PB Waffles, and Fruit.
- Sunday - Free Pit Beef Sandwiches at a Festival
- Monday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Soup
- Tuesday - Crock-pot Salsa Chicken (recipe coming soon), Salad
- Wednesday - Crock-pot Cheeseburger Sliders (recipe coming soon), Baked Onion Rings
- Thursday - Mac and Cheese, Hot Dogs
- Friday - Birthday Take-out! And ice cream!
- Saturday - Crock-pot Pork and Mushroom Gravy, Jasmine Rice, Steamed Green Beans
For more AWESOME Menu Plans, visit Org Junkie!