Monday, August 29, 2016

Goals Update: August 2016


August was a whirlwind of happenings - a flea market to set up at, 2 different vacations, a visit to a steam and gas show, a trip to the beach, and a whole lot of work in between.  We did well enough at the flea market at the beginning of the month, that we were able to have a little fun at the beach the end of month!  We took note this year that our vacations are very different now that we have a bubbly 2-year-old running around.  We are looking for free or cheap things to do so we don't feel as guilty if we would need to leave early because he decided to get an attitude.  Any parents out there with me on that?  Overall he did great, and seemed to have a ton of fun.  Anyway, I feel like the month was a productive one, but I am looking forward to being even more productive in September.  Here's how things are looking after August...

Personal:
  • Lose 20 lbs (about 1.5 lbs a month) I have lost 15 pounds!  Even with all the ice cream splurges, I still lost weight!  I really think it has to do with all the walking we do when we're on vacation.  I am hoping to keep this momentum up in September - only 5 more pounds to go this year!
  • Exercise 292 days - In August I exercised 24 out of 31 days.  For a total of 200 for the year.  I'm right on track with this goal!  I feel like all I did in August was walk.  Walking is apparently very good exercise (see above). 
  • Drink at least 70 oz of water everyday - I did great with this goal in August.  The weather has continued to be almost unbearable.  I am so looking forward to cooler weather!  On the plus-side, when you are hot, you drink more.
 Financial:
  • Coupon and deal shop to stick to my $350/month budget - I shared my budget update for August here.  If you click over, you can see all of the great things I was able to stock-up on while still staying $37.99 under budget!  This included tons of fresh produce, diapers, snack food for vacation, sunscreen, and a variety of other items.
  • Earn at least 6 - $25 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks - I earned another gift card in August, but I am really going to have to up my game if I'm going to meet this goal by December 31st.  3 Down, and 3 to go.
  • List at least 10 things per month online or 120 for the year - I did not list anything in August because we were away for most of the month.  I am hoping to list a few things in September.  January - Check (23), February - no check (0), March - Check (43), April - no check (1), May -no check (0), June - no check (0), July - no check (0), August - no check (0)
  • Set up at 6 Flea Markets/Shows to sell our wares - We set up at a flea market at the beginning of August.  We did fairly well, and got rid of a good bit of stuff.  Our next flea market is in September, so I am hoping for another good show!  Total for the year = 3
Household:
  • Completely declutter the entire house - I only have one spot left to do, and it is on the to-do list for September -- the cedar chest.
  • Finish my 2016 project list - I have my project list update posted separately.  I really didn't get anything accomplished in August, mostly because we were away on vacation for most of the month, and when we were home, I was working.  I am hoping to get things moving again in September.  But, I was looking at the list, and really a LOT of it is done, and that makes me SO happy!

Blogging:
  • Post at least 3 times a week - I was able to post 3 times a week in August.  All totaled I posted 14 times in August!  I really enjoyed sharing my frugal finds with you; I love it when I can score such great deals!
  • Do a 31 day series in October - Not there yet.  I have been working on my outline in my blogging journal.  I am planning to work on the pictures in September.  
  • Set up a Facebook page for my blog - Not yet, I am hoping to get this done in September.
How is everyone else doing with their goals?
Anything new or different you are trying this year?
Share some of your goals in the comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment