Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Household Project List 2016 -- January Update

 

It doesn't look like I crossed much off for January, but everyday I worked on something that's on this list, whether it got crossed off or not.  I feel like January has set a determined and consistant tone for the rest of the year, which I am very pleased about!  I also feel like all I did was go through paper - last year's files, mementos, misc keepsakes I thought I needed to keep and I don't, receipts, cards, and the list goes on from there.  I filled 4 boxes of paper for recycling and 1 box to be burnt/shredded.  It's funny, but I just feel so much lighter knowing that it's all gone!  I also found some great baskets at the Dollar Tree to use in my organizing, and I LOVE them.  They are the perfect sizes and cheerfully colored, plus they only cost $1 each!  So, below is my progress report for January.  I am hoping that I can keep trucking for at least another 2 months...
  • Bedroom: 
    • Declutter 2 Dressers, 1 Chest of Drawers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Closet, and Under the Bed
    • Steam off the crappy boarder
    • Re-glue the wallpaper seams
    • Change the wall art
  • Hall: 
    • Declutter Hall Closet, Desk, and Coat Closet
    • Sell desk, and move in a bench
    • Build another shelf in the hall closet
  • Bathroom:
    • Declutter the Bathroom Cabinets and Drawers
    • Touch up the paint (Joe and I might actually repaint the entire bathroom, as the color scheme is not great, so this will happen last, if at all - we might just wait and repaint in 2017)
  • Living Room:
    • Declutter 8 Cube Baskets, 1 End Table, and 3 Dresser Drawers
    • Finish adding pictures to our 'mural' wall
    • Paint the letter 'R' on our 'mural' wall
    • Find new art for behind the futon
  • Kitchen:
    • Declutter 35 Cabinets, 1 Pantry, 1 China Cabinet, and 11 Drawers
    • Get a new trashcan
    • Steam the wallpaper off our microwave table, and repaint it
    • Paint the windows/sills/trim
    • Clean out the chest freezer and defrost it
  • Nursery/Office:
    • Declutter the Closet, Dresser, Desk, Chest of Drawers, Bookcase, Sewing Table, and Cedar Chest
    • Go through the CD 3-drawer organizer and combine into a large CD case 
    • Install new curtain rods and tie backs; Hang new curtains
    • Make a new curtain for the closet; Hang
    • Buy new Lamp/Shade for the Dresser
    • Re-glue wallpaper
    • Bring in new chest of drawers (#2)
    • Build new shelf (or two) above the desk; Add books to shelves
    • Paint the windows/sills and the closet door frame 
  • Laundry Room:
    •  Declutter Desk, 3 Drawer Stand, Bookcase, and Closet (including stored Christmas decorations)
    • Touch up paint from renovation
    • Hang art -- still deciding on if this is necessary
    • Wash box of new-to-us toys 

No comments:

Post a Comment