Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Days of Thankfulness: October 20th 2015

Today I am thankful for my ability to listen.  I'm not sure if I have an imaginary sign above my head, or I just have an empathetic face, but I attract talkers.  I have always worked with the public, but even so, everyone always seems to want to give me all their life details.  They tell me about their husband who just passed, their kids, their grand kids, the test results they are eagerly awaiting, or the doctor's appointment they have on Tuesday.  I always listen, I'm not always interested, but I make them feel as though I am.  I have always thought that listening was the polite thing to do, but maybe it's a gift, because there are plenty of people in the world who are not good at it.  So today, I am thankful for being a listener, and I suppose I am thankful for the talkers too, for without them I would have nothing to listen to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment