April was better than February and March, but not by much. I had a tea to run, and re-started my contract job here at the museum, plus we celebrated Howard's 1st birthday! So, needless to say, things have been a little nut-so around here with all three of us trying to get into a new groove. But I think we are finally starting to understand and follow our new routine. I did get some things done, and I am hoping to really knock some stuff out in May! Here's what I accomplished in April...
De-clutter the whole house in January, February, and March-- Done!
- Do a
Deep-Spring, andDeep-Fall Clean in March andNovember As well as keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores. -- I was able to keep up with my weekly cleaning responsibilities (and the laundry) even with all the crazy going on in our lives.
- Paint the Windows/Sills/Trim in the Kitchen and Nursery. -- I am hoping to work on this in May. The weather has been nice, but usually when I'm working, so hopefully May will be a little more cooperative.
- Write a 'love letter' to Joe each month -- I did manage to accomplish this in April. It was an email message, but it was kind of a nice surprise for him to find among the museum and civil war emails that are filling his inbox.
- Take a trip to Maine in June with the hubby, and Howard. -- N/A
- Take a Trip to Ocean City in August -- N/A
- Get together with family at least once a month -- We got together with Joe's family on Easter for dinner, and then we got together with both families for Howard's birthday party.
Plan and Execute Howard's 1st Birthday Party-- This was a total success! I am planning to do a couple of posts throughout May illustrating how we celebrated his 1st birthday frugally, even with having a party for family and friends.
- Have 2 Freezer/Pantry Challenges
(January andJuly), post updates on the blog, and defrost the chest freezer -- N/A
- Post my Menu Plan, and Weekly Spending Report every week, along with at least 1 other post per week. This may be an update, a reveal, a recipe, a shopping trip, some Aldi Deals, or a frugal find. -- Well, I did keep up with my weekly spending reports, and my budget and goals updates, but that's about it. I did do one Menu Plan post, but only 1. I really want to make this a priority in May since I am working now and have a little time at the computer without a toddler on my lap.
- Plan and execute a 31 days post for October. -- N/A
- Lose at least 20 lbs -- I don't really want to talk about this right now. I didn't gain any, but I also didn't loss any either, and I'm starting to get frustrated. Hopefully May will be better!
- Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and do exercise of some kind everyday. -- I did this to a tee. Joe and I have been walking every evening, and I have been drinking plenty of water, and trying to eat as healthy as I can manage right now. I'm going to play around with eating different healthy things and see if it makes a difference.
- Do at least 5 Flea Markets throughout the year, and list at least bi-monthly on Amazon/Facebook Yard Sale. -- 1 Flea Market done to date.
- Earn Swagbucks everyday by completing the daily poll, toolbar log-in, and NOSO offers daily. (Try to earn $10 a month) -- I'm up to 943 swagbucks, only 1257 more and I can cash in for the $25 reward! We'll see, maybe May will be the month!
- Set a monthly budget, and coupon and deal shop as needed to stay within our budget. -- I did coupon and deal shop this month, but I some how screwed up the budget, because I should be out of money, actually in the negative, and I still have money in the envelope, so... But it all works out in the end. I am starting May out fresh with $300, and I'll go from there.
- Put at least an extra $100 a month on Joe's Credit Card starting in May -- N/A
- Scan the huge-a** box of photos we have had since my mom died two and a half years ago, and get them sorted to give to people, as well as put the ones I decide to keep in albums. -- I'm not even planning to work in this until later in the year, July maybe, or possibly not until Fall, we'll see.
- Continue to work on Howard's baby book -- Howard's baby book is all caught up, until he does something else new, or we go to the doctors and have weight/length to record. I secretly wanted to have this caught up by his birthday, and I succeeded! I love it when that happens! I still have to write about his birthday party, but I am hoping to cross this one off in May!
- Try something new at least once a month and blog about it. I have a LOT of new recipes and crafts I want to try -- This so didn't happen, again. Maybe May will be the game changer!
Linked to Money Saving Mom!