Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday: Ground Sirloin in Mushroom Cream Gravy

This recipe has a great flavor, so I wanted to share it with you, however, I feel like it is very meaty.  So, next time instead of using hamburger patties, I'm going to try it with ground beef.  I think that this will allow the meat, sauce, and noodles to mix together better, so you get all the flavors in one bite :)  However, the recipe came together very quickly, and is quite tasty, so without further ado...

2 Hamburger Patties/1/2 lb Ground Beef
1/2 c Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp Oil (I used Olive Oil)
1 small Diced Onion
1 pkg Sliced Mushrooms
2 tbsp dried parsley

1.) Fry patties or ground beef, salt and pepper to your liking.  Fry until done, then remove from pan and cover with foil.  Drain grease from pan if any (I use 93% lean beef, so there isn't usually any).
2.) Add oil and onions to pan, cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.  Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
3.) Stir in cream, and cook until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.  Stir in parsley.
4.) Return beef/patties to pan and cook on low until everything is nice and toasty warm, about 3-5 minutes.
5.) Serve sauce and beef/patties over egg noodles, or rice, or mashed potatoes, your choice.  Refrigerate any leftovers.  Serves 2, but you could easily double or triple the recipe if you needed to.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I think I am going to try this next week. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete