Saturday, October 11, 2014

31 Days of Baby Saving Tips: Day 3 - Use Baby Wash Rags as Cloth Wipes

We were given two baby showers before Howard was born, and both yielded a large quantity of baby wash cloths.  Now, I will say that since we have started rice cereal we use a lot more than we had for the past 5 1/2 months, but still no where near the amount that we have.  We have also been cloth diapering, so it made sense to use cloth wipes as well.  I could wash them with the diapers, since they take up almost no room at all in the machine.  I had saved my Peri bottle from the hospital, and filled it with water and a little baby soap, gave it a shake.  I store it next to our diapers and changing pad, along with a basket full of baby wash rags.  When it comes time to change a diaper, I just wet a wash rag with the soap/water mixture, and I'm ready to go.  You can also use receiving blankets cut into squares, or purchase some really cute ones online, but I highly suggest you give it a try.  Not only is this saving me money, but I have noticed a decrease in diaper rash as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment