Another good month with lots of progress made, and LOTS of things crossed off the list! Some of my goals won't get crossed off until December, but that's okay, I really want to work on perfecting those. Here's how April went down...
Prepare a Nursery!- The nursery is completely done, I hope to share a post soon about it. I do plan to paint the windows/sills this Spring/Summer, but I feel comfortable crossing this off now.
- Do a
Deep-Spring, andDeep-Fall Clean in March andNovember. As well as keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores. - One deep clean down and one to go. Even with the baby being born this month, I was still able to keep up with my weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cleaning chores, with the help of my loving husband that is. Give birth to baby Rogers, andbe the best mom I can be! - Baby Rogers was born on April 22, as Howard Preston Rogers. 9lbs 10 oz, 22 inches long.
- Try every day to be a loving wife. Some days this is harder than others. :-) - I feel like this month, this finally clicked for me. Becoming a mother and seeing my husband and best friend become and embrace his role as a father has made me fall in love with him all over again. I don't think we have ever been closer or more happy together.
- Take a trip to Maine in June with the hubby, and the baby. - Not there yet.
- Get together with family at least once a month. (probably for dinner) - With the birth of Baby Rogers, we have had a LOT of family visiting with us, in the hospital, and since we've been home.
- Have 2 Freezer/Pantry Challenges (
January andJuly), post updates on the blog, and defrost the chest freezer - One down, one to go!
- Post my Menu Plan, Aldi Deals, and Weekly Spending Report every week, along with at least 1 other post per week. This may be an update, a reveal, a recipe, a shopping trip, or a frugal find. - I did really good with this one. I did my regular posts every week, plus I posted a Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday recipe post every week, and posted several shopping trips throughout the month.
- Plan and execute a 31 days post for October. - Not there yet.
- Lose at least 20 lbs (I did accomplish losing 20 lbs in 2013 as well, so it seems doable) - After the birth of Howard, in 10 days I have lost 22 lbs. So I just have to keep it up, my goal is to lose another 60 lbs. Breastfeeding and eating healthier is really burning the calories!
- Drink plenty of water, eat healthy, and do exercise of some kind everyday. - I drank plenty of water, ate a LOT of veggies, and fruit, and did my hip physical therapy exercises everyday, except for when I was in the hospital. Also towards the end of the month I started going for an evening walk/stroll with Joe and the baby.
- Do at least 6 Flea Markets throughout the year, and list at least monthly on Amazon. - With the baby coming in April, we decided to forgo the flea market we usually set up at. We did however visit several throughout the month, as well as some nice yard sales, and managed to get some great deals including a baby changing pad, some baby clothes, a couple of gasket jars that I use for food storage in the kitchen, and some cool brass pineapple book ends. (So far we have done 2.)
- Earn Swagbucks everyday by completing the daily poll, toolbar log-in, and NOSO offers daily. - did this every day, plus I used the SBTV feature and the offers on the homepage to earn additional Swagbucks. I earned 4 - $5 Amazon Gift Cards.
- Set a monthly budget, and coupon and deal shop as needed to stay within our budget. - It was nice to start the month out with an additional $100 I decided to add to the budget. Joe and I decided that we needed to raise the budget in order to get healthy food for me to eat while I'm breast-feeding as well as any things we might need for the baby, like additional diapers. It worked out really well. I posted the monthly totals here.
- Pay off my credit card by June, and start putting extra onto Joe's credit card every month. We won't have his paid off this year, but we'll be on the right track to have it paid off within the next year or two. :) - Still working on this.
- Catch up my scrapbook. I'm only about 8 years behind, but I think once I get rolling on it, I should be able to push through and get it done by the end of the year. ;) I also want to start one for the baby, and work on it monthly. - Haven't started this one yet, and probably won't until I get into a better routine with the baby and working. I'm hoping to be able to get started in May or June.
- Try something new at least twice a month and blog about it. I have a LOT of new recipes and crafts I want to try, and this is the year! - I tried several new recipes this month, and blogged about them here, here, here, and here.
Linked to Money Saving Mom!