Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday: Chocolate Chip PB Oatmeal Bars

My husband's favorite flavor combination if you haven't guess by now is peanut butter and chocolate.  If it resembles a PB cup, he's there.  So, I try to make things that include the two ingredients, and if I can add something healthy in the mix like oatmeal, I count that as a double win!  These Chocolate Chip PB Oatmeal bars are tasty, and very filling.  They have plenty of sweet without being candy-like, and actually have a more savory taste from the PB, which I like.  The bars whip up quick, bake for only 20 minutes, and then get topped with a fast and tasty glaze, so go make yourself some, like right now...

Bars:
1/2 c unsalted softened Butter
1/2 c Sugar (I use Raw)
1/2 c Brown Sugar
1/2 c PB (I use Creamy)
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 c Flour (I use unbleached)
1/2 c Quick Oats
1 c Chocolate Chips (I use Milk)

Glaze:
1/2 c Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp PB (I warm mine a little to make it easier to mix)
2 tbsp Milk

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream butter, and sugars together until fluffy.  Add PB, vanilla, and egg.  Beat until smooth.
2.) Mix together dry ingredients, except chocolate chips.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.
3.) Spread mixture into a greased and floured 9x13" pan.  Bake 20 minutes in preheated oven.
4.) Mix together glaze ingredients until smooth, and drizzle onto cooled, pre-cut bars.  Allow glaze to set slightly.  Store bars in between wax paper in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment