Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday: Apple Crumb Pie

In honor of National Pie Month, I wanted to re-post this delicious all-American apple pie recipe - Enjoy!

This pie is so yummy, and yet so simple to make, that it's kind of a non-recipe. 
I roll out 1 pie crust, I usually use this recipe, but sometimes I just use a pre-made refrigerated one.
For the filling I cook up 4-6 apples (depending on their size) that have been peeled and sliced with a couple tbsp of butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, about a 1/3 c brown sugar, and a couple tsp of corn starch.  I let that cook until the apples are softened, then I pour it into the unbaked pie shell which I've placed into a pie plate.  For the topping I mix about 1 c quick cook oats with a couple tbsp flour, a couple tbsp cold butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and about a 1/3 c brown sugar with a pastry cutter.  Once it is incorporated nicely I sprinkle it on top of the filling, and bake  it in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the topping and crust are a nice golden brown.  
I like mine warm with vanilla bean ice cream!



For more AWESOME temptations, visit Blessed with Grace!
Linking to Life as Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment