Friday, June 15, 2012

Last week's Freezer Cooking Results

First on the list was taco-seasoned beef.  I took 3 lbs of ground beef and fried it up with some diced onions, tomatoes, and taco seasoning.  Joe and I had taco salads for dinner that night and I out 6 more meals worth in the freezer!
Second on the list was pulled pork.  I simply put a pork roast or loin in the crock pot and sprinkle all sides of it with a Memphis rub that the Dollar Tree sells (it's very tasty!)  I let it cook on low for hours, pull it out and let it cook a little bit, and then shred it up with 2 forks.  I got 4 more meals for the freezer for 1 roast.
Lastly on the list was buffalo chicken tenders.   I baked some chicken tenders with some buffalo sauce drizzled on top and bottom, until they were done.  Let them cool and then cubed them up, for another 2 meals in the freezer. 
So, for probably not even an hours worth of hands-on work, I got 12 meals put up in the freezer, plus got dinner on the table = Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment