Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Assignment #2: Fridge Organized and Cleaned!

This was an assignment that I have been dreading for some time now.  I have been putting it off again and again, and finally decided that I would wait until I did my spring cleaning.  Well, since Crystal at Money Saving Mom has started the series, '4 Weeks to a More Organized Home,' I decided to jump on the band-wagon with her and tackle this chore.  Below you will see my before pictures, don't judge, even someone as OCD as I am has things that they hate to do, mine is deep cleaning the fridge, in case you hadn't guess.  Here we go...
This spot was my main concern, as I have NO idea what the heck it is!
The door was stuff full of misc. items
The fruit and vegetable drawers were far from tidy
And, the shelves were disgusting.  You don't really notice how dirty your fridge is until you take all the food out and put it in natural light, and then you are horrified with yourself.  But anyway, this is the after...
So much more organized, clean, and sanitary!  Everything has a place, and it is going to stay sparkly, if it kills me, which it might!
This is the door after.  I cleaned out a few things, and after scraping condiment drippings from the inside of the cubbies, I decided to line each with a dish cloth for easy upkeep and clean-up.
While I was in the kitchen waiting for dinner to cook, I went through my misc kitchen utensil drawer, and decided that these items could go to a better home, and so into the flea market box they went.  

I'm linking up at Money Saving Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use inexpensive dish towels to line the door cubbies. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete