Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Works for Me Wednesday: 01/26/2011!

I know that this post is a little past due, with Christmas being over, however, I personally like to prepare for Christmas all year long.  Christmas is by far my favorite holiday as it gets celebrated for the entire month, and there is so much to do and see and plenty of opportunities to see and visit with family.  Through out the year Joe and I occasional purchase candies after holidays on sale.  Joe has a serious sweet tooth, so that is how I keep his cravings at bay, and our budget in-tacked.  :-)  Below is an empty carton from Gertrude Hawk.  I purchased the Paula Dean gift tags at Micheal's last year on clearance, for about $0.75 ea.  Tacky glue is something that all crafters should have on hand at all times.  I try not to be a waster, and when I come across things that I think new life can be given to, I do.  Here is what I came up with...
I glued a holiday gift tag over the front candy label of the box, and made a really adorable cookie holder.  I gave away several of these this past Christmas, and everyone really thought they were adorable!
For more awesome tips and tricks, visit We are that Family!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute! I save any packages like that with a holiday pattern or a nice solid color, to wrap gifts in. We have not bought gift wrap in years. Here are my tips for reusing gift wrap and other Christmas stuff. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete