Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!

This is my first Tempt my Tummy Tuesday post - YEAH!  I took my regular Banana bread recipe and added chocolate chips to it and made muffins, which are oh so yummy!  Here's the recipe...
 Ingredients:
  • 2-3 large ripe Bananas
  • 1/3 c Margarine or Butter
  • 2/3 c Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 c Flour (unbleached or all purpose or even whole wheat, or a combination of these)
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 c Buttermilk (which I never have, so I mixes some sour cream and milk together to make 1/2 c)
  • 1/2 bag Chocolate Morsels (approx. 1 c)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Puree Bananas.  Add butter, sugar, buttermilk (or sour cream mixture) and eggs.  Mix together until well blended.
  3. Separately combine flour, with baking powder and soda.  Add this to the banana mixture a third at a time until all is well blended.
  4. Stir in chocolate morsels.
  5. Pour into greased muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes* in preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through.
  6. Cool completely on wire rack.
  7. Serve muffins with butter and a glass of milk and try not to eat them all by yourself :-)
*If you prefer to make a loaf of bread, bake approx. 55 minutes depending on your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment