Tuesday, November 18, 2014

31 Days of Baby Saving Tips: Day 24 - Don't Register for Things you might get a million of


I had been warned by the older mothers that I know not to register for clothes or blankets.  We are friends with a LOT of older and middle-aged woman, many of whom know how to knit, or crochet.  Needless to say, we received a huge amount of blankets, like about a dozen heavy weight, and probably 2 dozen light weight!  Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't register for more.  I also didn't register for clothes, because I was told that if people see something cute, they're going to buy it whether you registered for it or not.  I was also blessed to receive 5 large trash bags of used clothes to go through from two different families.  This has made up most of Howard's wardrobe.  We received a few outfits as shower gifts, some the Christmas before he was born, and some more in the hospital after he arrived.  Howard has had plenty of clothes since the day he was born, and I didn't even register for any!  So, when you make your registry, don't register for things you will probably get a LOT of (blankets), or things you can get for free or very cheap at the thrift stores (clothes), register for all those other needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment