Wednesday, November 19, 2014

31 Days of Baby Saving Tips: Day 25 - Wait to go Shopping until AFTER your showers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7JW3GQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00C7JW3GQ&linkCode=as2&tag=mrsrogersf-20&linkId=VEV2A2K2Q5VG2TSE
After you've built that killer registry, and had an awesome shower(s), then it's time to use those gift cards and cash you received as shower gifts to make the purchases that you still need, but that no one got you.  I held onto those things in an envelope in my purse, and waited until I was 36 weeks pregnant to go shopping.  Some might say that is crazy, but I recommend it for 2 reasons, 1 - you make sure all your showers are over, so you won't end up with duplicates of things you don't need 2 of, and 2 - you have something to do while those last 4 weeks (or more) creep by.  I don't know about everyone else, but by that point I was just ready to be done with pregnancy and hold my new little one in my arms instead of my stomach.  Making returns, shopping for needed items, and finding surprising cute items on sale gave me something to look forward to, and kept my mind off the wait-game.  You save money by not receiving something you've prematurely bought, and you stay sane while you wait for your bundle of joy to (finally) make his/her appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment