Tuesday, November 18, 2014

31 Days of Baby Saving Tips: Day 22 - Research Cheaper Options

Once you reach your third trimester, your OB will probably recommend that you take a birthing class, especially if you are a first time mother.  Since it was my first time giving birth, I agreed that this was a good thing to do.  However, the class she recommended at the hospital would have run us about $150, which we simply did NOT have.  I talked with older moms that my husband and I are friends with, and found out that the class use to be free!  That figures.  So, I started to look into other options.  There were several other nearby hospitals that offered classes for FREE, and online.  That was the road we took, as I was still experiencing severe morning (all day) sickness.  This provided my husband and I with all the information we needed without having to leave our home.  I ended up having a c-section, which I hadn't planned on, but still felt knowledgeable about thanks to the online class we completed.  Another FREE option was the health department.  They offered classes one day a week for 6 weeks.  SO, to save some serious cash, research your options, sometimes you can still get what you need (what ever that may be) for cheaper or FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment